I used survey monkey this time. In my survey, I asked people some basic questions about global warming.
Most of the respondents were from Japan and 88% are from age 18-24. I think this was because I asked my classmates and teammates for cooperation.
First, I asked how concerned they are about global warming. 17% of the respondents answered they are Extremely concerned, 41% answered Very concerned, which was the highest. I guess most of the people are more or less concerned about global warming.
In the next question, I questioned people about the top 3 causes of global warming. It depends on the country, but according to the Environmental Protection Agency, the 3 main causes are
・Transportation
・Electricity
All the choices are causes of global warming. Especially up to one-fifth of global greenhouse gas pollution comes from deforestation and forest degradation.
I also asked people about carbon footprint. I was surprised to know that more than half of the respondents had heard of "carbon footprint", since I thought the result would be lower. I think it is not well known here in Japan.
In the last question, I asked people what they can do to prevent global warming. 3 people answered “None”, but most respondents wrote some solutions. I realized there were similar ones, so I divided everyone's answers into three groups;
Public transportation related answers:
・Use public transportation, bicycles, or walk instead of driving
・Hydrogen car
・Decrease the amount of international travel
Plastic and recycle related answers:
・Reduce plastic waste
・Reduce petroleum products
・Consume fewer things
・Recycle
・The three Rs
Energy related answers:
・Use less/ save energy overall
・Speak up to restart nuclear power
・Try to choose clean energy
There were other answers beside these too, such as “eat vegan diet” and “buy from local farms”. I believe having awareness of global warming is also very important. I think there are a lot of simple things we can do on a regular basis. Do you have any ideas? Feel free to comment below.
Thank you to all who responded, and thank you for reading this:)
I found this to be a pretty interesting survey. i think you managed to ask all the right questions, and i was pretty surprised by a few of the answers. quite concerning to see that there were a few people not really concerned about global warming. And also seeing that 3 people said that they haven't done anything to prevent /help the issue was a bit sad to see. But, i thought all the solutions that were brought up were all great! I myself have heard about and done a bunch of the things that were brought up (like the 3Rs for example), but i also learnt a few more ideas, which was great!
ReplyDelete